Apple crisp always reminds me of my Grandma. She lived one street down from us and she made the world’s best apple crisp (in my humble opinion, that is)! There is something about the smell of freshly baked apple crisp that can instantly take me back to the brisk autumn days of my childhood. I can remember running down to my grandma’s house after school and sitting down, with her, to the tastiest desserts at her kitchen table.
Those were some of the best times of my life
Although my grandma’s apple crisp is my very favorite, this recipe was actually super similar to hers! I was impressed
The WonderMix element used for this recipe was the Slicer Shredder Attachment. I peeled my apples and quartered them before putting them through the slicer shredder. Again, it did an amazing job making nice, even apple slices. In the past I would have just sliced them by hand, but not now! I have discovered a new and wonderful thing!
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. bp
- Dash salt
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 6-7 apples
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Crack the egg into the dry mixture and stir around without beating the egg.
- Place the mix on top of 6-7 peeled apples (slice the apples using the slicing drum of the food processor attachment).
- Pour ⅓ c. oil over the top.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.