Well I have never actually made noodles from scratch before.
The closest I’ve ever come is when I watched my mother-in-law make those thick homemade egg noodles for her awesome chicken noodle soup.
So…I was really excited to try this recipe and to feel like a domestic kitchen goddess (call me dramatic, I don’t care :))
This was the first time that I have ever used any kind of pasta maker and let me say that the WonderMix Pasta Attachment is FABULOUS! I had no idea that noodles could be so easy to make! I mixed the dough in the WonderMix bowl, using the dough hook and dough divider. Then I switched out the bowl for the pasta attachment and quickly hand molded a couple balls of dough. From there, it was a super quick process of pushing the dough through the pasta attachment, cutting off the noodles and throwing them in a pot of boiling water. I was really impressed with how quickly and evenly the noodles came out. They are a little thicker than your average spaghetti noodle, but not too thick. The attachment is also very easy to clean. It comes apart quickly and all the pieces can be hand washed
I will definitely be using this attachment for my future domestic endeavors!
- 3 c. durum flour
- 10 Tbl. pesto
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c. milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ c. butter
- ½ c. parmesan cheese (grated)
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Boil 4 quarts of water.
- While water is boiling, add flour, pesto, eggs, milk, ½ tsp. salt and ½ c. water to WonderMix . Using the dough hook and dough divider, mix ingredients until smooth.
- Turn down the heat on the boiling water.
- Using the meat grinder attachment on the WonderMix, press dough through the attachment. Cut off noodles in sections and place in boiling water. As the noodles cook (about 2-3 minutes), they will rise to the top of the water. (Noodles should be firm, yet tender). Gently stir and then place in a strainer to drain.
- Melt butter, parmesan cheese, pepper and ½ tsp. salt in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Stir in the noodles and heat through.
- Makes 5-6 servings.