I have never made homemade french bread before, so this recipe was something fun AND new to make! It was surprisingly easy (and low maintenance) to make and it was really tasty. It came out a bit more dense than store bought french bread, but it was still amazing, straight out of the oven, with a happy amount of butter slathered on top
I don’t have anything too crazy to say about the WonderMix with this recipe, other than it performed great! The dough kneaded quickly and easily (once again). I’ve said it before, but I am continually pleased with how fast you can make bread doughs in the WonderMix. It is so efficient and awesome!
- 4 Tbl. SAF instant yeast
- 4 c. hot water
- 6 Tbl. sugar
- 2 Tbl. salt
- 1 c. olive oil
- 10+ c. flour
- 4 Tbl. dough enhancer
- Combine all ingredients in WonderMix bowl.
- Knead for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow dough to rise in WonderMix bowl for 10 minutes, and then punch dough down (turn on mixer to punch dough down). Repeat 4 to 5 times.
- Divide dough and shape into 2 or 3 loaves. Place loaves on greased baking sheets. Slash the tops of loaves with a knife.
- Allow dough to rise until doubled.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.