Let’s be real, chocolate cake is the best. And it’s even better when it’s super moist and chocolatey. This cake equals BOTH of those things: super moist AND super chocolatey. Oh, and did I mention that it’s one of the easiest cakes I’ve ever made? Well it is.
Not gonna lie, when I first saw the recipe, I kind of doubted it. I mean, come on, a boxed chocolate cake with a few extra ingredients? I expected a sub-par boxed chocolate cake. But that is NOT what I got.
Probably my favorite thing about this recipe was how seriously easy it was to make in my WonderMix. It literally took about 3 minutes to mix up, using the wire whips. I also loved the cleanup process. The WonderMix bowl is so easy to clean. I love that it detaches from the shaft and that you can run soap and water through the center column to completely clean it out!
So I whipped up the batter, then I poured it into a bundt pan and threw it in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
There you go.
The tastiest chocolate cake you’ve ever had.
- 1 package Duncan Hines Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 package (4 serving size) chocolate instant pudding
- 1 ¼ c. water
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c. Duncan Hines creamy home-style frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Using wire whips, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in the WonderMix. Beat on speed 2 for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased pan (bundt pans work well).
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 25 minutes.
- Invert onto heat resistant serving plate. Cool completely.
- Heat frosting in small bowl in microwave on high, 10-15 seconds. Drizzle over cake.