Cornbread is the absolute PERFECT comfort food!
And believe me when I say that this is THE BEST cornbread i’ve ever tasted.
Like hands down.
No even kidding.
This recipe is the ultimate combination of using the WonderMill AND the WonderMix. I made the cornmeal so easy- I just threw some popcorn kernels in the WonderMill, easy as pie.
The rest of the process was just as easy. I put the wire whips on, put all the ingredients in the WonderMix bowl, and mixed! The wire whips handled this batter very well. I was impressed, yet again, with their mixing capability. They handle thick batters and light cookie doughs like a champ. If the batters ever start to get too thick or if it sounds like the whips are starting to strain, I just turn up the speed a notch and they are good to go!
- 1 c. butter (softened)
- ½ c. cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. cornmeal (fresh ground tastes better!)
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 can creamed corn
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ c. Monterey jack cheese (grated)
- Using wire whips, cream together butter, sugar and eggs in the WonderMix.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix gently.
- Pour into an 8x12x2 baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees but bake at 300 degrees for approximately 1 hour.